Who am I?
A full stack developer, from the government world. I went mobile and freelance in 2005 and started cranking out games and apps. My App store portfolio with iParty Mobile is more than 20 apps deep. I've written some awesome web applications, tons of web APIs and several frameworks. I consider myself both a designer and a developer and have a passion for designing great applications and products.
Specialties and Beliefs
I specialize in iOS development because I love the mobile platform and the great work that Apple is doing to continually progress its Platform. I also <3 Ruby on Rails because it is super powerful and it allows me to create great web applications and APIs extremely quickly.
I believe that what makes great projects is great design and that well written, clean code is just as important a part of a projects' design as its user interface.
Check out some of my open source Repos on my github page:
- QwikHttp: a super powerful, easy to use HTTP networking library for iOS. Used to communicate with restful apis, an alternative to AFNetworking and AlamoFire.
- QwikJson: a json library for iOS used to convert between json and model objects for restful communication.
- SeaseAssist: a massive library of iOS class extensions and helper classes used to do powerful things easily.
- Zoomy header: a cocoaPod to add an image cell to your UITableView that will zoom in as you scroll up, similar to Twitter and other apps. It is simple to implement with just a few lines of code!
- Base-Rails-Api: A starter project for Ruby on Rails used as a basis to create Restful web applications and APIs very quickly.
- NodeSockets: A node server utilizing web sockets to allow clients to connect in groups or "Rooms" where they can directly message with each other. Includes an example client for iOS. Was written so that an iOS app and a TvOS app can communicate without a direct connection, but can serve other purposes.
On to my Repos!